Live PD returns this summer: The Reelz revival On patrol: Live (working title) premieres Friday, July 22 with new episodes airing every Friday and Saturday from 6 p.m. 21.00 to midnight.
The series reunites the team on camera by host / executive producer Dan Abrams and retired Tulsa Police Department Sgt. Sean “Sticks” Larkin along with Deputy Sheriff Curtis Wilson as they engage the community in law enforcement. “Citizen Ride-Alongs will give local residents, within the communities of the departments appearing on the show, a first-hand perspective when driving with officers followed by On patrol: Live cameras on live nights, “according to the official release.” Citizens On-Set invites members of the community into the studio as guests, where they can share their Ride-Along experiences and observations and comment on the night’s live activities. “
Live PD Originally debuted on the A&E Network in 2016, and not long before the cancellation in June 2020, it had been picked up for another 160 episodes on the cable channel. But in the wake of global protests against police brutality and systemic racism, triggered by George Floyd’s police-caused death in May 2020, A&E and production company Big Fish Entertainment finally decided to stop production of the series altogether, citing the “critical moment in our nation’s history” . “
It was reported earlier this month Live PD had found new life with the cable company Reelz, which has committed to producing and broadcasting new episodes of the show in several years.
Ready for some recent news? Well…
* Kevin Zegers (Rebel) Have connected The Rookie: Feds in the regular series role as Brendon Acres, the former star of the long-running TV series Vampire cop which is just out of Quantico, reports our sister site Deadline.
* MTV has renewed The challenge for seasons 38 and 39, with TJ Lavin returning as host, our sister side Variety reports. Cast, themes and titles will be announced at a later date.
* Disney +’s Percy Jackson and the Olympians series has added Dior Goodjohn (Class leader) and Charlie Bushnell (Diary of a future president) in the recurring roles as a child of Ares (aka the god of war) and the adviser to the Hermes hut, respectively, Variety reports.
* Bill Burr’s latest comedy special, Bill Burr: Live At Red Rocks – where he shares an “inspiring” lecture for women, reveals how making mushrooms has changed him and finds common ground with lesbians – premieres Tuesday, July 12 on Netflix.
* HBO has released key art for Game of Thrones prequel Dragon’s Housewith a premiere on Sunday 21 August at 9 / 8c:
Which of today’s TVLine Items arouses your interest?