Eric Weinberg, co-executive producer on ‘Scrubs’ and ‘Californication’, arrested for multiple rapes

Eric Weinberg, an Emmy-nominated Hollywood writer and co-executive producer on “Scrubs” and “Californication,” was arrested Thursday on several charges of sexually assaulting rapists dating back to 2012 and possibly much earlier, the LAPD said.

According to an arrest report, Weinberg approached young women in grocery stores, coffee shops and other public places and said he was a photographer who wanted to do photo shoots. Once the women came to his residence in Los Feliz, he would sexually assault them at some point during the course, police said.

Representatives of Weinberg did not immediately respond to requests for comment Thursday. The report identifies him as a “suspected serial killer” and asks for additional potential victims to come forward.

Also read:
Paul Haggis says allegations of sexual assault appeared ‘rehearsed’: ‘I certainly do not have a problem with women’

The LAPD says it believes the victims could go back as early as 1990. Anyone with information should contact the department at (323)561-3272 or 39284@lapd.online.

Weinberg was an executive producer, co-executive producer or consulting producer on 10 high-profile TV shows dating back to 2005, including “Veronica’s Closet” and Charlie Sheen’s post-meltdown show “Anger Management” from 2013-2014. He was the author of that show, as well as several others – including “Scrubs” and Bill Mahers’ “Politically Incorrect,” for which both Weinbergs were Emmy-nominated. He collected five nominations from 1995-2006, but did not win.

Weinberg’s arrest comes amid a post-MeToo movement wave of Hollywood producers, directors and operators accused of sexual crimes in recent months.

“Crash” director Paul Haggis has denied committing a rape reported by a British woman during an Italian film festival earlier this summer. The 30-year-old woman says she was raped repeatedly over several days; Haggis says the meeting was consensual and that the woman’s statement “appeared to have been rehearsed.”

A Santa Barbara judge recently dismissed all charges against “Atomic Blonde” and “Extraction” producer David Guillod, accused by “Ted” actress Jessica Barth of an attack in 2012 and another incident involving an unnamed waitress. who said she was raped in 2018. The case was dropped because the proper jurisdiction could not be determined and has been referred back to Los Angeles prosecutors.

Also read:
B-movie producer Randall Emmett accused of abusive, ‘sketchy’ behavior in sweeping LA Times Report

And a lengthy report from the Los Angeles Times accused B-movie producer Randall Emmett of “sketchy” and abusive behavior that included setting up a sex-for-role event with a young actress. He has not been charged with any crimes, and his publicist methodically dismissed all charges of misdemeanors.

Pamela Chelin contributed to this report.

Leave a Comment